To be eligible for our Master's in Nursing Education program, you must have:
- BSN degree from a CNEA, CCNE, or ACEN accredited program.
- Applicants who completed their nursing degree in a foreign country must have the equivalent of a BSN as evaluated by the IUPUI Office of International Affairs.
- Applicants who are in the process of completing their BSN degree may apply as long as the degree will be earned prior to the semester for which they are applying.
- BSN degree GPA (as listed on BSN-conferring institution transcript) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Active, unencumbered RN license from one of the 50 United States. New or soon-to-be BSN graduates may apply prior to receiving their license as long as it will be earned by the start of their second semester of enrollment in the MSN program.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to use computer technologies to communicate.
- The GRE is not required.
- Completion of a three-credit hour undergraduate statistics course with a grade of B- or better.
- Course may be completed at any accredited college or university.
- Pass/fail courses are not accepted.
- Course may be any level (100-400), although 300 or higher is recommended.
- There is no time limit on when the course was completed.
- You may apply without having met the prerequisite, but it must be completed prior to beginning the MSN program.
- For additional information on international admissions, please contact ‘Chelle Filippelli at 812-855-7121 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission to the program is offered for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
- Application deadlines:
- Fall semester: July 1
- Spring semester: November 15
- Summer semester: March 15
- You will be notified about admission approximately 3-4 weeks after your completed application (including transcripts and recommendations) is received.
To complete the application process, you will also need to provide three professional references, complete the supplemental questionnaire and essay questions, and submit your resume, your RN license, and official transcripts.
Official transcripts of all college and university coursework must be sent electronically directly from the schools. Please ask for them to be sent to 'Chelle Filippelli, Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com. Transcripts sent by the student or scanned copies will not be accepted.
Before you begin your application...
There is a $70 non-refundable application fee for the Master's in Nursing Education program. Before applying, we strongly encourage you to contact 'Chelle Filippelli, Admissions Coordinator, at 812-855-7121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
'Chelle will provide general information about the program and the application process. If you would like to speak directly with the graduate nursing advisor, 'Chelle can schedule an appointment for you. After you've contacted 'Chelle, complete the electronic IU Bloomington graduate application here:
Note: While the application is mobile-friendly, it is lengthy when completed on a phone. We encourage you to complete the application on a desktop or laptop computer.