Apply to the BSN program’s accelerated degree track
The accelerated second degree track of the Indiana University School of Nursing’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program is a prelicensure track for those who have a bachelor’s degree in another field but do not have a prior nursing degree. It requires four semesters of full-time study.
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible to apply to the BSN program’s accelerated second degree track, you must be admitted to IU as a degree-seeking student and have graduated from a 120 credit hour accredited baccalaureate degree program in a non-nursing field, including all courses required for admission to the School of Nursing.
Get ready for the next step
Applications are accepted every year from January 15 to March 15 for fall semester admission. The deadline to finish required application courses and to finish your first undergraduate degree is the end of the spring semester prior to admission. Successful applicants will receive notification of conditional admission by June 1.
- Apply to IUB as a second-degree seeking student by February 1. Apply online at the Office of Admissions’ website: https://admissions.indiana.edu/apply.
- Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions will officially evaluate your transcripts and transfer coursework to IUB.
- Receive official notification from IUB. If admitted to IUB, you will receive a letter from IUB indicating your admission status. You will then be able to review the official transcript evaluation that reflects those courses and credits accepted for transfer to IUB. IU School of Nursing advisors are unable to provide details of transfer coursework until the Office of Admissions has completed the transcript evaluation.
- It is required that you obtain a planning sheet from a nursing advisor prior to applying to the IUB School of Nursing. Contact one of the IUB School of Nursing advisors via email to schedule an appointment. The advisor will interpret your credit transfer report, fill out an admission planning sheet, and discuss with you the courses that can be applied toward requirements for the Accelerated 2nd Degree Application. It is strongly advised that you do this prior to applying to the university to determine your eligibility. You may contact ‘Chelle Filippelli, Admissions Coordinator to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
- The link for the nursing application will only be sent to students who have had a planning sheet completed and are eligible to apply.
- Submit your program application to the School of Nursing by March 15.